Well, as you could probably guess, SOOO much going on and Nancy Videon, one of our buddies has been kind enough to let me use her laptop to make a quick post!
Let me back up and mention that a while ago, my mother kept telling me that the day I finally meet my daughter, that our eyes would lock and Mary would know. Didn't quite buy that but if Kim hasn't posted that, you can bet your sweet bippy that what Momma said is SO!!!!! It was actually easier than I thought and there are so many other dynamics in the emotions that came and went that I'll have to post that later.
But in the meantime, here's where we are currently. We are officially Mary's parents in Hefei City! Yesterday we all had to go back to the Civil Affairs office for one final interview, a family photo and the notary finalizing the paperwork. Yesterday was a little more emotional for me as our 'family portrait' here in China on a certificate made it a reality for me!
Mary is coming out of her shell and she LOVES to laugh and has a mischievous smile!!!! Yesterday she and Robert were really hanging close together and today, she was very distant from him. As a matter of fact, a little distant from me to and yet, right now, we're all doing well - SO as I've heard in the adoption world, you have to leave yourself open to the ups and downs of attachment. Robert and Mary have actually done very, VERY well in spite of the statistics so I'm so very happy for Robert!!!
So much more and I hope Kim got the photo of Mary I emailed her from the cell phone. If she did, I'll email her more pics! Oh yeah, Mary is diggin the baths!!!!! Thank you for being so patient while we're here - Mary just came up to me and put her arms around me - I am so madly in love with her!!!! OH - ONE MORE THING!
When we came home from the first day, we were all doing so well and Mary finally got the idea that we weren't going anywhere and that actually - she wasn't getting away from us. She grieved really, really, hard! ALL THROUGH THE NIGHT - it was so sorrowful and heartbreaking but I just kept holding her, rocking her and singing to her. I may have gotten about 4 hours of sleep. At one time, when I heard Mary sleeping and Robert snoring, I said to myself, "Welcome to Motherhood" and I smiled through my tears. I'm CERTAIN, I heard God say, "Rock On"!!!! He was smiling too!!!!!
--
Ronda B!
Love hard, play hard, laugh hard
P.S....Kim here, I did not receive the picture she is speaking of... :'(
Ronda B!
Love hard, play hard, laugh hard
P.S....Kim here, I did not receive the picture she is speaking of... :'(



