THE RED THREAD

An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance.The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break. - Chinese proverb

Our Miracle of Mary Katherine Businda

Hello Everyone!


Robert & Ronda Businda here; This blogspot is designed to share with friends, family and hey -maybe even a stranger about the miracle God has performed in our lives, and that is the miracle of our daughter, MARY KATHERINE BUSINDA!


You will have the opportunity to find out who WE are, what we're all about, how this miracle came to be and share in the joys and adventures the past two years!


Not flesh of my flesh

Nor bone of my bone,

But still miraculously

My own.

Never forget

For a single minute:

You didn't grow under my heart

But in it.

--Fleur Conkling Heyliger


Monday, May 17, 2010

Post-Op Update

Mary has done extraordinarily well! I hope that this is the LAST major surgery for her.....ever, really but I pray it is. She's had more surgery in her four years on earth than I have in my.....45! (Wow, did I just SAY that?!?! LOL!) Anyway, her "band-aid" was removed as I promised her and she was scared and crying "Ow, ow, ow" as I was cutting it off. Robert & I truly believe that she believed the bandage became a permanent part of her! I  packed some gauze lightly in her ear as she continued to have a small amount of drainage but her spirits just seemed to soar within minutes after removing the big bandage! She was still afraid to look at herself but Robert caught her doing the 'side glance' at herself as they passed a mirror and he asked her if she wanted to see. She nodded 'yes' and Robert said she that when she saw herself without the bandage, she just started pointing to her ear, smiling and rambling off with excitement - I'm sure about her appearance! We got our Mary back at that point!!! And honestly, we were worried. But she's moving full-steam ahead and is back to school this morning. She still experiences some unsteadiness, I'm sure due to where her surgery was in her middle ear and possible fluid accumulating in it. And in true "Momo" fashion, she forgets she's had surgery and plays fast and hard. She's learning to gauge herself and was even excited to go back to school! So the plan for now is that we continue to live life, monitor Mary's progress until her activation day which is June 8th! So here are some updated photos of our sweet baby girl post-surgery, post band-aid,  - rockin' towards the future!!!! God is GREAT!

Mary with her first Gift Basket!

Back to school, making a "funny face" in the parking lot


My sweet Momo showing the whole outfit, complete with her new sandals GeeGee bought her!