I have said before that time has always been a friend to us; yet, this summer it seems that time has been moving so fast and hard that just when we think we’ve actually gotten a hold of this precious commodity for ourselves as a family – we’re sucking it up again, busting out of the dugout and literally running to wherever it is we have to be! I can’t really whine about it as Robert and I are seeing Mary make these startling turns and oh – those moments make you forget that you’re exhausted in the first place.Most everyone can relate to a parent’s weariness, but Robert and I have been more concerned about the toll it’s taken on Mary. While the efforts this summer have been put in place to help her get to where she needs to be, she’s tired too! We’ve been so busy that we haven’t always seen how the demands have affected her until we actually catch a quiet moment. The amazing thing is that though her eyelids get heavy or the corners of her mouth start to quiver and she gets quiet……she can still manage the most genuine, sweet and engaging smile….its as if she understands and like any great team player, she continues to hang tough and play it hard and smart right along with Momma & Dada. I so admire her!

So – Robert and I have adjusted to our new schedule changes and baby girl not only finished up her summer sessions at Vanderbilt on a Friday but went straight into her fall semester at her school in Wilson County the next Monday. WHEW! Things seem to be leveling out now and as we realize the progress we’ve made this summer, it has made the running well worth it and the craziness make sense. We ran a great race, we crossed the finish line together as a family and we continue to thank God for giving us strength and endurance!
As we transition into the fall, we try to focus on all of the blessings God has poured out to us, in spite of the circumstances in the world. I know for myself, and I pray that Mary’s heart may be one day compelled as well, to wake up each day – grateful. Robert and I are very grateful to God for our employers as we could not make such
changes in our life to benefit Mary if it weren’t for them. We are grateful to our family for loving on Mary and for taking care of her when we can’t (BIG shout out to Grandpa & Gee Gee!).
We are very grateful to God that He has placed the most amazing, wise, gifted and compassionate instructors in Mary’s path! We are grateful to God for each other and for the gift of our daughter, and for the freedom that we have in our relationship with Him. God Rocks – let the good times roll!!!!!!



