THE RED THREAD

An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance.The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break. - Chinese proverb

Our Miracle of Mary Katherine Businda

Hello Everyone!


Robert & Ronda Businda here; This blogspot is designed to share with friends, family and hey -maybe even a stranger about the miracle God has performed in our lives, and that is the miracle of our daughter, MARY KATHERINE BUSINDA!


You will have the opportunity to find out who WE are, what we're all about, how this miracle came to be and share in the joys and adventures the past two years!


Not flesh of my flesh

Nor bone of my bone,

But still miraculously

My own.

Never forget

For a single minute:

You didn't grow under my heart

But in it.

--Fleur Conkling Heyliger


Thursday, July 9, 2009

OVERDUE UPDATE!

(Photo of Mary that Jennifer took after Jennifer took her shopping @ the Green Hills Mall! - oh my!)
I am lonnnng overdue for an update – life has been happening waaay too fast and then I’ve been battling some severe bronchitis since last week. I have suspicions that some flu was riding piggy back on that one, too!
So – I’m gonna blog pictures from what’s been going on in our world, starting from Father’s Day! It was great – Mary’s still trying to grasp the art of GIVING a present – its sooo cute! We had a Businda Father’s Day celebration at Aunt Nancy’s and Mary got to meet her Uncle Tim for the first time – FUN! Mary also took some pictures and I’m not exaggerating when I say my 3 ½ year old takes some pretty good pics!
On the learning front, Mary is totally ROCKIN' at her summer sessions at Vanderbilt! She appears to be on what's considered a language explosion and just LOVES her classmates and instructors. I think it has also been very beneficial that Mary has been exposed to classmates that have hearing aids, just like hers! The instructors inform us that Mary continues to be a big helper, eagar to learn and participate. As a matter of fact, there's an observation window (well many of them throughout the center) but one in particular that caregivers can take a peek through at the end of the session before they pick the kids up; It has been SUCH a thrill and a blessing to see our little MoMo in the midst of the music circle, engaged, singing and playing with her classmates and teachers! She's such a smart little girl and is now REALLY developing relationships within the family. We keep our refridgerator covered with family photos and it's so cool to see Mary point at everyone and identify them correctly. Mostly such as Jei Jei (Jennifer) BB (big brother Brian), Gandpa (Grandpa), Nay Nay (Nancy) and of course, Mama and Dada. She's got a keen memory, for sure!!!!
I’ll post pics and video and end it with pictures of Mary and her big sister (Jei Jei) Jennifer. Jennifer took Mary shopping last week which was very, VERY helpful to me because I was laid out bad with this illness! I’d say they bonded great and our little MoMo just LOVES her Jei Jei!!!! Oh yeah, Jennifer has successfully taught Mary how to pose her little legs when she has some spiffy shoes on – can’t let her grow up TOO fast!!! Enjoy!!!
Now, here's pics from Father's Day at Nancy's house along with pics that MoMo took!!!
Mary's picture of Kenny and Diane!

Mary's picture of DaDa and Uncle Tim!

Mary's picture of Dada at Home - wasn't Father's Day but hey - a classic for sure!!!! Mary's picture of MaMa

Now this picture, Nancy took at our house - Mary with her Uncle TIM!!!!

Mary and her Uncle David

Mary & Grandpa!

Finishing up, the photo op - a GREAT video of Mary with Jei Jei's shoes on and photos of she and Jennifer the day they went shopping!!!! God Bless Everyone!!!

PS......I forgot to mention that Mary LOOOOOVES THE WATER!!!!!