A couple of weeks ago, my Mother (GeeGee), sister Lori and sister-in-law Nancy took Mary and we head out to Opryland to see this awesome exhibit, "ICE - How the Grinch Stole Christmas"!!! It was absolutely fabulous and abso-freakin'-lutely COLD!!!!! My baby girl was wigged out, to say the least and WOULD NOT GET OUT OF MY ARMS! Her little legs were wrapped around me really tight! It also didn't help that it was nine degrees -so I just can't imagine what she was thinking!
Then, once we hit the ice slide, she started warming up, so to speak! Mary was SO bundled up, she could hardly walk, it was hilarious but she LOVED going down the slide and the last time she went down, she just tumbled and skidded at the bottom and couldn't get up! I have it on video but until I'm smooth on downloading such video, you'll just have to visualize it!
So we get through the exhibit, grab a bite to eat and go into the Opryland Hotel to check out the Christmas displays already up - GORGEOUS and man.....if you just could have SEEN the wonder and amazement on Mary's face, it was unlike anything I've ever experienced. What I would give to have been able to get inside her thoughts and know what she was thinking. My little curious George then turned into "Miss Independant" and just sashays ahead of us, checking everything out - it was truly precious!
We head back out to the van through the misting rain; It was incredibly cold and trying to maneuver a loaded stroller with a fired up little girl, dodging cars and traffic and bumbling over the medians as Nancy and I tripped and about toppled Mary - was just slapstick comedy! It was a really GREAT evening and I've been told there are more pictures on the way, but in the meantime, here are a few Aunt Nancy made. We all needed this jumpstart to the holidays and perhaps we'll make this another tradition for Mary!





